Well, I've had to answer the same questions so many times I figured I would just answer them here. I realize people are very curious about it, but being asked 15 times the same question gets tiring.
Do I speak Korean?
Not yet, but I plan on studying very hard.
Do I like Korean food?
I don't know, never really had it.
Why Korea?
It wasn't about the country itself, it was more about teaching and traveling.
What is it about Korea that made you decide you wanted to go there?
In China the cost of living is very low, but so are the wages. Japan the cost of living is very high, so are the wages, but usually you have to pay for your own housing. Korea the wages are high, so is the cost of living, but you normally get a free furnished apartment.
Am I excited?
You bet, this is a life changing event. Think about it. I'm moving to a completely different country, that speaks a very different language, everything about it is different. So yeah I'm excited.
Am I worried about anything?
Not really, the school has a very good reputation. My new boss is really cool, and speaks good english. Crime is extremely low in South Korea. I've had my car broken into 3 times the past 2 years at my apartment building.
What are my future plans?
The short answer is that I will go wherever my dreams lead me. The long answer is this: I'm currently researching three different things. One, saving up enough money for graduate school once I get back to the states. Two, becoming a teacher here in north america. Or three, saving up enough money to backpack around the world for a few years on a shoe string budget.
Will I be posting any pictures of Korea here?
You bet. One of my hobbies is photography and this website will be plastered with photos as soon as I get there. I also plan on having some short videos once I get a nice video camera. Another idea I have is to start a podcast show about what it's like to live and teach in South Korea.
Where did I get the idea to do this?
Well unfortunately the person who gave me this idea decided his life wasn't worth living anymore, his blog has also been taken down. The link is over to the right where his blog used to be. I will have to take that link down sometime soon. Anyway, you can read my first post to learn a bit more about him and how I came across this idea.