Thursday, October 05, 2006

Maggie the cutest puppy ever

My first week of retirement from America's meat grinder was interesting to say the least. I ended up house sitting for my sister for the past week while I wait for my adventure to begin. My sister asked if I could watch her house and her dog while she and her family were vacationing in Mexico. I thought it would be awesome, she has a very nice house, her puppy is the cutest dog ever, and I wanted to enjoy my first week off. Little did I know that Maggie the cutest puppy ever, was actually a little monster in disguise.

Here she is in all her cuteness.


Saturday afternoon I made the drive to my sister's house to begin my relaxing week. After I let Maggie in the house she quickly began to take over. I would sit and try to watch TV with her but she insisted on being the center of attention. Every time I'd move she'd quickly jump on my lap feet flailing in the air mouth snapping at my fingers begging for attention. After about half an hour I remembered her weakness, doggy treats. I ran into the kitchen and found her treats and gave her what looked like beef jerky. The tactic worked and she left me alone for a good 15 minutes. As soon as she was done however, she went back to demanding my full attention.

She may look sweet, but shes actually waiting in ambush!


I was not feeling well at all that night. I wanted to go to bed around 10 because I have been fighting a cough for a couple days now. You can imagine what Maggie thinks about bed time. I could not get her into her crate, she absolutely refused to go to bed no way no how! Then I remembered her leash! I ran into the garage and found her leash and gently led the cute little monster into her crate for bedtime. After about 10 minutes of crying and barking she finally fell asleep.

The first night was rough. But I must admit, after that first night she completely stole my heart.

Ah well. I will miss Maggie and the rest of my family but people never grow if they don't push there comfort zones. I explained to a friend the other night that this will probably be the best thing that has ever happened to me. It will force me to face all my fears. I will be thrust into the most uncomfortable and unusual situations, all my pet peeves will be challenged, and I will come out on top.

The date has not changed, just waiting for my e-ticket...Oct 15 I move to another country.