It felt so nice not to wear a jacket today. It was nice, warm and sunny just the way I like it. I had to wear a sweater but no heavy jacket today. I made my way to Suwon Station to shop at the book store, they have a small selection of English books (about 1 or 2 shelves). I picked up a copy of A Storm of Swords, the next book in the series I'm reading. I'm finally starting to get back into reading after college and work completely destroyed my attention span. In college everyday I had to worry about a test or paper or some homework or something. So whenever I tried to relax and read or play a computer game I would always have a nagging thought in my mind and I would try to remember if I had anything I needed to do. That has stayed with me since college, and it got worse in the sea of cubicles at my old company. I've been trying very hard to get rid of it and I think it might be working. Now if only I can convince myself to study Korean every day, I may actually learn the damn language. I've had so many people tell me out of the three major languages of this area, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean, Korean is the most difficult for native English speakers to learn. I'm starting to believe them, there are sounds in the language that I can barely hear, but to Koreans the sounds are completely different. The only good thing is that it is by far the easiest language to learn how to read. I can read Korean very well (sound out the words), but most of the time I don't know what the words mean since my vocabulary is very small.
Anyway,
I decided to turn my comments back on. I'm moderating the comments for now.
A.T. (in da house), got your message. Hope things work out for you at the old job, hang in there. I know you are interested in ESL teaching but not in asia. After you do research, if you decide you want to come here let me know and I'll hook you up. Remember, do your freakin research before you take the plunge.
Josh (aka Pvt. Fatbody) you're a punk, have fun with your last days. I still say you should take 6 months off and get your fill of WoW and AoM.