Saturday, August 11, 2007

Shanghai part 6

The next day I met H.L. outside my hotel at about 11am. This day was the hottest so far. We caught a bus and headed to the Shanghai Museum. I could already tell that H.L. was still very upset about what had happened the night before as she was barely speaking to me. I did my best to cheer her up and lighten the mood. When we got to the museum she informed me she didn't want to go inside, instead she wanted to go shopping by herself.

"I will meet you back here in 4 hours", she said.

"But it's only going to take about 2 hours to see everything in the Museum, I really don't want to wait here for 4 hours". What is with her and waiting?

We got into another argument involving money (this was one of the biggest turn offs for me, she always talks about money). Finally after 15 minutes of arguing (I'm not exaggerating) she agreed to go with me to the museum.

When we got there we had just started looking at some Bronze pieces from the Shang and Zhou Dynasties when she informed me she would sit on a bench and wait for me. She was still upset and obviously didn't really want to be my guide anymore. So, for an hour and a half I ended up wandering the Museum and taking photos. My favorite part was the exhibit on official seals of the different dynasties. There were also exhibits on painting, furniture, money, and more.

















And the view outside the Museum.




After leaving the museum we went to another shopping area to look for cheap gifts for our friends. We then headed to the other side of The Bund but it was still light out so I didn't bother taking any pictures. H.L. knew of a great Italian restaurant so we headed there to eat and pass away the hottest part of the day. And this is where all the frustration we both had boiled over into anger and tears.

End part 6.