Saturday, January 27, 2007

I work 4 hours a day

I can't help but marvel at the number of hours I work. I teach 4 classes a day, thats it. They are 40 minutes each, so technically I work less than 4 hours a day but add a little prep time and it evens out. I used to work 6 hrs a day but we got a new teacher. His name is Anthony, and so far he seems very normal. It might have to do with the fact that he is in his 40s or 50s. Apparently he also has a Ph.D. in something, but I haven't asked what his doctorate is in yet.

He moved into the officetel next to mine and a couple of weeks ago he knocked on my door with a picture of a Korean woman in hand. He asked if I thought the woman was pretty, and she was. Curious I asked him why are you asking (with thoughts of maybe he isn't so normal after all dancing in my head), oh because my Korean girlfriend is looking for someone to introduce her to and she picked you. I declined because I was seeing Sun at the time. This past Saturday Sun and I had a conversation, at the end of which we agreed to remain friends but go no further. So, with that confusion cleared up I asked Anthony to introduce me to his girlfriend's friend. There is no set date but the next opportunity he gets I will meet her.

It seems everyone has a girl they want me to meet.