Three and a half months left, I'm so excited. My plans have been changing week by week, but right now my current plan is to go home in October, stay there for a month or two, then go to Taiwan and continue teaching. I'm not quite done teaching and traveling, but I am quite finished with Korea.
I enjoyed the first 4 months, but it went downhill after that. While on the surface I find this is a good place to live, if you scratch below the surface things aren't so nice. I have a good friend from China who is routinely subjected to racism, it's pretty depressing. I keep seeing these "news" reports on the evil foreign English teachers and how we are corrupting this society. Every time I go anywhere with an Asian girl I get stared at, she gets stared at, and it's just not fun. I even had this one teacher I work with follow me to a restaurant where I was meeting this girl we both know, the guy walked by the window with his arms crossed (very aggressive posture) staring into the restaurant trying to see who I was having dinner with. This same guy demanded all the female teachers at our school get into his car and all the male teachers get into another car, after all he must protect the women from us foreigners, right? I got turned down for a date once because, "someone might see us". Someone might see this Korean girl with a foreigner and assume shes a "bad girl". And I thought I heard them all. I can't even go get a new cell phone. I have to get a used cell phone because they don't give new ones without signing a contract and I'm a foreigner so I can't sign one.
I'm not even going to talk about what people from poor countries go through, I get it easy because I'm from a rich country...sigh.
Anyway, I'm going to have to start taking more pictures, I only have three months left.