Finally got an internet connection in my apartment. I asked my Korean friend to call them and he did. Turns out the operator speaks very good english so I was able to do the rest. The technician came the very next day and hooked everything up. The connection is EXTREMELY fast. However, even though it tested at about 25Mb/s the test server was here in Korea. Using test servers in the states I only get about 3.5Mb/s. Still, its the internet so I'm happy.
I talked to a friend from college while we played an online game for a while today. I was telling him all the stories that I can't post here. Some of them are just too complicated to write about, and some of them aren't appropriate. I'd really like to start podcasting but I might wait for a while. I have so many interesting stories but I need to be careful that the people involved don't read them so they don't become upset or get in trouble etc. Another reason I want to get into podcasting is because it's just easier to talk about a story, rather than write about it. Its like when they make books into movies, so much is left out. Well when I write about my stories so much is left out, but when I talk about it I can usually tell the story better.
I have some pictures that I took one day when I was walking to HomePlus. I will probably post them soon and take you on a short 15 minute walk there.
Another idea I have but haven't gotten around too is taking pictures of konglish writing I see.
This weekend I'm going back to Yongsan Electronics Market. I will do my best to take pictures and document the journey. I intend to get myself an xbox and some games. I was thinking about getting the 360 but I'm probably going to hold off on that for a while. Sunday I'm hanging out with a friend from England, she wants me to fix her computer than we'll go see a movie or dinner or something.
I have many things planned for this blog. Now that I have a reliable internet connection I might get around to doing it. I just have so much going on that I haven't been able to devote the time needed to really polish this thing.
My school is growing really fast. We now have classrooms on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floors of our building. Our english department will be on the 5th floor starting the 16th. I was up there the other day and its all brand new, very posh. I'm starting to feel bad for the Koreans I work with, they don't make as much money as I do and they are treated a little worse. I'm pretty much treated like an untouchable, they don't make me do any extra work or anything. While the Koreans have to do office work and all kinds of extra stuff, makes me uncomfortable.
Anyway, thats it for now.