Besides work my life here has been pretty good. I've been busy these past couple of weekends since the weather is much better. Went with a friend to Itaewon to have a western meal, then headed to Insadong area to walk around. There are definitely advantages to hanging out with the locals.
Anyway, today I was actually threatened with being fired. I looked at my boss and said "ok", he paused a moment and said "if you agree to the terms you can keep working here". I didn't answer him as I tried to think where I should work after being fired. Realizing he had over played his hand he tried another tactic, "you only have 5 months left on the contract, I think you can endure it"..."just endure it". Again I didn't answer. He repeated again that I only have 5 months left, I can endure it. Persuaded by the fact that by my very nature I'm lazy, I agreed to stay. Now let me qualify this by saying the blame for this incident isn't completely on him, I did make a mistake. I am not completely blameless in this incident. However, what I find amusing is that if I was a Korean teacher it wouldn't have been a problem at all. Being a foreigner I am under a constant microscope and the smallest thing is blown out of proportion. One of my co-workers has it worse though, almost everything he does our boss tells him to stop, they really try to beat his personality out of him. Kinda messed up. I can't wait till my contract is finished.