So I'm working on my 4th cold since moving here, my yearly average is 1 and I've only been here 7 months.
My boss is a slimy bastard, but he's so subtle about it, which makes it extremely infuriating. He asked for my original diploma one week before threatening to fire me, a common control tactic, I gave him a notarized copy since I have like 5 of them. My other co-worker just lied to him and said he mailed his home. I don't have problems with pay, but his motivation tactics to make us work harder really tear down our self-esteem. I didn't realize it until a new teacher came here and he went through the exact same stuff. I think it's time to start taking inventory of my things, and preparing for all eventualities, such as how to get to the airport, immigration office and how to send my money back home.