Saturday, May 19, 2007

Finally figured it out

Funny how you learn new lessons in life. I really wonder if I would have ever figured this one out if I never came here.

It's not about how good you are at your job, or what you look like, or anything else, it's how you make people feel, period.

First day at work with my new strategy worked very well. I was all smiles, talked to the boss, made sure to wish him a good weekend, and he was happier than I've seen him in a long time. It's not about how much the kids love me. It's about paying my respects to "the man".... and let me tell you it's not easy for me, because I have a serious thing against "the man". Some people call it a "problem with authority" some people simply call it "rebellion" but I call it "self-respect". Lets see if my new strategy works for the next 5 months.