Monday, October 09, 2006

Downtown Tucson

Welp, this past saturday Alisha and I went downtown with our cameras and took some pictures. This was probably good for me, seeing that I had completely stopped taking pictures after Emily and I broke up. It was something we did together often and the interest died with our relationship. However, considering I'm moving to another country and want to document it as much as possible I really needed this photographic kick in the pants so to speak to get ready.

The only bad thing about it was Alisha recently lost a close friend (he died). So she was sad about that, we talked about it a little bit while we walked. I also got a phone call in the middle of our walk and learned the sad news that a friend of mine has leukemia. So those things kinda kept our outing more subdued.

Anyway here are my favorite pics:

What I like about this first picture is the roof over the walkway. Kinda gives me a sense of mystery for some reason. And the contrast between the bright sunlight and shade is kinda cool.


This next one I have a whole series on. As we were walking we came past these pillars with mirrors on them outside a music store. There's Alisha trying to take the same picture of me that I'm taking of her.


Looks like I captured myself in this pic, oh well I'm an amateur.




This next two are reflections of buildings in the windows of other buildings.





Here is a very ghostly reflection of Alisha, looks like shes trying to take the same picture.



And finally, just a neat picture.