Sorry no pictures this post, anyway…
Earlier this afternoon I went to the park again and this time I brought my mp3 player. Its kind of strange but listening to my music is somehow different here. For instance I can’t ever seem to decide on what to listen too. Back home when I went for walks (a nightly occurrence) I never had trouble on deciding what to listen too, Radiohead, U2, Chili peppers, etc. Its almost as if my mind and body are just so messed up from this move I can’t even enjoy my music. Or maybe my music is what I listen to when I’m home, and I’m definitely not home so I don’t really enjoy it.
It’s the same with reading. I’m currently trying to read a book called “A Game of Thrones” and when I start to read I quickly lose interest. The book is very good and I was really into it when I was home. Maybe I’m just so far out of my comfort zone I just can’t really enjoy it.
Maybe this has to do with jetlag. I still feel really tired, my sleeping habits are a little weird. I can’t seem to settle into a good sleeping pattern. I keep waking up at night, or really early in the morning it’s pretty annoying. Or maybe, my mind and body just haven’t accepted that this is now my home. Once I do that I think I’ll be able to enjoy music and books again.
Anyway, my English has gotten TERRIBLE. I read my last post and some parts are just awkward. I apologize in advance its probably a combination of jetlag and having to drop words out of sentences or trying to use English with Korean grammar so people can understand.
My ARC should be ready Nov. 1. Oh that reminds me. At the immigration office I saw an Asian woman (probably Korean) who was obviously pregnant with a sweat shirt on that read and I quote “White Trash”. And that sweat shirt reminds me, one of my students yesterday who is 10 or 11 years old had a shirt on that said “Tease, Tease, Tease”. Gotta love it.
There is a lot that has happened and that is happening that I really can’t talk about on this blog. It’s too bad too, because what I have talked about so far is only about 10% of the stories I have. I’ll probably have to save it for the book. Ok now I’m going.