Monday, October 23, 2006

Park near my house

There is a little park near my apartment I went to the other day. It has a little path around a pond, a soccer field, a basketball court, and a skate park. I decided to get some exercise and walked around the park a couple times before work.







Anyway, this place is so different. At 10 or 11 at night you can see little kids running around the streets unsupervised. I'm not talking about street kids I'm talking about school kids. Its a very safe place to be in and people just let there kids roam around. I'm not used to seeing kids out at 10pm. Students go to school pretty much all day until 9 or 10 around here, pretty crazy. I heard a story of a little toddler just crawling around on a pool table at a pool hall. Food is everywhere, almost every other store around here is either food or a bar or both. The shops are all really small though, its kinda strange. Come to think of it everything around here is smaller, the cups, the stores, the cars everything. Driving is pretty dangerous, my first taxi ride the driver was going 100 mph on a normal street, needless to say I found my seat belt pretty damn fast.

I might be going to Seoul this Saturday with a Korean friend his sister (hopefully) and a waygookin (foreigner from Canada) friend. Should be interesting.

Anyway, today I'm going to get my ARC (alien registration card) this will allow me to get internet in my room and a cellphone. That's it for now, bye bye.